Sunday, September 25, 2011

Summer Pedi

there are so many things i love about summer. however, most of them you can still enjoy in the spring and fall. one thing that is just not the same in cooler weather is a cold water pedicure which happens to be one of my favorite things to do with my mother. my mother is awesome. she's fun, helpful and likes a lot of the same things i do. keith works on saturdays so i spend a few a month with mom. we shop, we bake, we garden and sometimes we just hangout sharing thoughts about how our week went and upcoming plans. on hot saturdays sometimes my mom will come over early and help me in my gardens. once the heat of the day really hits we call it quits and treat ourselves to cold water pedicures under the shade of my front porch. the cool water on our hot feet feels so soothing after working in the sun all morning. 
what we used:
pumice stones my mother found on one of her many travels
any old nail brush and file
Bath & Body Works lava story scrub, grapefruit oil, and heel of approval moisturizer (semi-annual sale purchases)
LUSH LEMONY FLUTTER
Elemis Exotic Frangipani Monoi oil
mom's feet soaking in the cold water with a little oil
 
iced cappuccinos 
pretty painted toes
~beth-ann

No comments:

Post a Comment